powerline ethernet and smart meter issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-10 11:53:12
Model: TL-PA4020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've recently had Octopus install a smart meter and now my Ethernet network just won't play ball. If I have a "send" and "receiver" in the same room, they connect but when I plug the "receiver in anywhere else, I get nothing and the error message from the PC is " Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

I have a garden office and wifi extenders aren't enough so I rely on the Powerline ethernet connection

Has anyone else had similar issues and can it be resolved?

Options
4 Reply
Re:powerline ethernet and smart meter issue?
2023-01-14 12:01:47

@RobThrush007 

Hi,  will the sender and receiver still be able to pair with each other in different rooms?

Have you tried a MOCA network to extend the network with buried coaxial cables?--https://www.screenbeam.com/wifihelp/wifibooster/how-does-moca-work/

By the way, how far from the garden office to the main house?

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-15 00:09:18

@David-TP hi there. No, the units no longer connect in different rooms. We had three that had connected quite happily for months, including out to the garden room but suddenly won't. I also have a Netgear set but that won't connect either. 

We don't have any coax in the house at all. Perhaps I should have said that I'm in the UK.

The garden office us about 12m from the house. 

Options
2023-02-21 20:17:00

@RobThrush007 

Hi Rob

Did you solve this?

We've had an Octopus Smart Meter installed and now our TPLink Powerlines don't work & we had 4 extended throughout the house and into the garden.

Quite frustrating 

JC

Options
2023-02-22 11:12:53

@BigJC Nope. Never did. Everyone blames each other and nobody has any suggestions yet, ike yourself, it screams "of course the smartmeter is to blame, it's what changed!"

I eventually solved the problem by installing a passive powered wireless broadcaster and taking a feed from the router around the outer wall which reaches the garden office easily.

Options