Deco x60 Ping Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x60 Ping Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco x60 Ping Issues
Deco x60 Ping Issues
2023-01-19 02:27:53
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Greetings!

I recently installed 3 Deco x60 units in my place and I really need help. I found that my last router, a Tp Link Archer C50 was performing better ping in gameplay. Most especificaly in PUBG mobile when Deco X60 give me 80ms , 90ms  and sometimes 150ms against a smooth play in 20ms in my C50. I tried everything but so far no good results changing configurations. Any idea of what's causing this problem in gameplay? I really bought this mesh system for gaming and it's not working at all, really thinking in use my C50 again.

Thanks in advance, best regards. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x60 Ping Issues
2023-01-19 17:44:39

@Danver12 

The Deco is a mesh system so you may not be connected to the MAIN deco as you are gaming.   If you are connected to one of the nodes, this will need to talk to your main deco, or other deco to pass the traffic along... this all adds latency to the ping. 

The best options for you are

Run Network Optimiser to ensure airspace is clean, it will change channels if needed

Plug your PC / XBOX or whatever you are using via cable into the nearest Deco

On the deco app, select the device (PC XBOX) and set HIGH PRIORITY slider to ensure you get the best connection

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 1

Related Articles