AC600 Archer T2U - Keeps disabling Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 20:46:17

I bought the above device about a week ago and it was working completely fine straight out the box on my PC. I was able to download games through steam, Xbox game pass and EA play. However this week it has started to cut out at random. When I try to download games I'm getting reduced download speed of about 20 mbps when my internet is 200mbps on all my other devices.

I have installed a few different drivers, the newest TP link driver, the windows recommended driver and a driver directly from the company that makes the chips in the device. All of which did not work.

I have also found that the device has split my internet into 3 and has labelled them "virgin.... 1" "virgin.... 2" "virgin.... 3".

I have to unplug the device and re plug it to get the WiFi to work again and I have tried multiple usb ports.

This is becoming very frustrating as nothing is working and hard wiring my PC is not an option hence why I bought a WiFi dongle.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC600 Archer T2U - Keeps disabling Internet
2023-01-25 18:47:43

@Andrec98 

Hi,

I don't see how the Archer T2U could "split the internet into 3". This seems weird.

Any chance that you may have recently installed a software that has created virtual network interfaces on your computer? Like a VPN software or a Virtual Machine or other Emulator software?

Or maybe some packet filtering/packet analyzer software?

Can you please have a look into the "Properties" of the Archer T2U network device and check if there are maybe items in the list other than the ones created by Windows itself?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 1

Related Articles