vr400 on router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

vr400 on router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
vr400 on router mode
vr400 on router mode
2023-01-27 10:51:10
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

well i updated my internet to a fiber one and now i wanna use my archer vr400 as an access point for wired and wireless use. i have read a lot of such threads but still i cannot configure it right. so i need your opinions on that.

i have set the archer on a static ip 192.168.1.199 (my fiber modem is 192.168.1.1 ) disabled DHCP on archer and connected on wan port. i get internet on my devices but slow speed and my archer says that there is no internet connection. my first thought is that i didnt set the correct internet parameters (i set it up as dynamic ip since i didnt get any user and passwords from my isp and in fiber modem there is no user or password fields, there is though a parameter ppoe 835). anyway i tried set it up as dsl modem and as a wireless modem but still the same problem. i have seen videos and threads that some of them use wan port , others the lan port, some use the dsl modem mode and some other the other mode.

how should i configure my archer mode right so i can have the full spped  (now i can get only 1/3 of my full speed using the archer than when im connected towards the fiber modem). im not familiar with lan parameters and i spent several hours trying one mode - dhcp settings - internet settings versus the second mode -dhcp settings - internet settings. the best i got is slow internet connection on devices when my archer shows offline.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 612

Replies: 0

Related Articles