Couldn't find Deco - something wrong with Cloud service....Deco App v3.3.10?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-09 12:14:14
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

so after a bit of a head scratch I managed to set up a Deco x60 with a Gigaclear fibre ONT [modem] and works a charm.  its the only Deco device on that network and delivers decent speed, network shows on wifi devices and no issues with internet connectivity 

- BUT ----this morning the Deco app on iPhone wont connect to the newly created network.  This seems to be a common situation with the app according to this forum, and Ive tried the recommended fix detailed on here [ the v hi tec, re-boot and hope for the best ].  no joy, and the Deco app doesnt even allow the network to be deleted in order to allow me to try again, and insult to injury - locks the app on the error page.  

Presently quite royally stuffed as I wanted to use the x60 as the main deco and add the rest of my decos to the new network having just cancelled my BT broadband.  Cant see a way of doing that if the app isnt connecting the new network.  

Here's the thing - my old network is still running separately via a M9 plus as 'main deco' on a copper BT broadband service accessed using a TPLink Archer in 'modem-only'.

The deco app can still see this network and all the other decos in the house [save for the x60].  

Is the app being hi-jacked and locked out by some security restriction from the fibre ONT? - which would be odd since the actual internet connection is working fine - 

Ive tried logging out of the app and rejoining, tried using the app from iPad instead of iPhone - nothing happening.

Anyone out there seen anything like this specifically with fibre connections to ONT?

Plan B when the kids are off the wifi later will be to try and setup an M9 as main deco [on yet another new network] and see if the same fault with the app happens

Options
4 Reply
Re:Couldn't find Deco - something wrong with Cloud service....Deco App v3.3.10?
2023-02-10 09:30:18

@Wattie 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

When you are on the network of Deco X60, Do you get the same errors on the local Wi-Fi network and mobile 4G network?

Could you please refer to this link to submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-10 11:44:33

@Wattie 

the x60 network access to the internet is fine, mobile devices etc connect to it without issue.  The only problem is the interface with the App.  without that interface working, the network cant be managed or extended.

Very oddly, the app screen fluctautes between the 2 screens as below, so starts with everything is fine, then 'we couldnt find deco' - fluctautes between these 2 for a while then locks the screen completely. Have to then close the app from phone screen.  

The app wont allow the network to be deleted, so Plan B was the only option.

Recreated a network -this time using an M9 Plus as the main deco - ethernet connected to ONT.  Thus far its worked perfectly.  Added the rest of my Decos and getting good coverage and decent speeds, even added the'rogue' x60 as additional deco and its quite happy as a 'slave' to the main M9. 

I have no idea why this is the case, but thankfully the M9 plus has saved the system - on paper [as far as I can see] the x60 should be a better option as the main Deco, and the TP L setup guide suggests it should be prioritised over the M9, but practice doesnt seem to support theory.  

Options
2023-02-13 11:49:22

@Wattie 

Thanks a lot for the update and the system log.

The case has been forwarded to the senior engineers. Please check the email for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-15 06:49:24

@Wattie How do you have version 3.3.10 of the deco app? The latest version is 3.2.13 for Android, and 3.2.10 for iOS

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options