OneMesh on Archer AX95 v1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-25 21:30:48
Model: Archer AX95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220824 rel.50474(4555)

I've just purchased and installed an Archer AX95 v1.0 in Access Point mode - specifically because the AX95 says it supports OneMesh.

I have two other RE220 range extenders which are connected to the AX95, but I cannot enable OneMesh because the AP they are connected to does not have OneMesh enabled.

I want to enable OneMesh on the AX95, but nowhere on the AX95 is there a setting to enable OneMesh.

After trying to find the OneMesh option I have read that OneMesh is only supported in router mode.

Why?

Options
1 Reply
Re:OneMesh on Archer AX95 v1.0
2023-03-26 00:44:41

@MDSH 

Hi,

If you need some kind of solution now, then you could consider trying the workaround method that can be used to turn a router into an access point without utilizing the dedicated Access Point mode.

That is, with the Archer AX95 in "Router Mode" you manually configure a valid LAN IP address on the AX95 (any unused IP address within the subnet the AX95 is going to be working within). If there is another router inside you network that is already acting as DHCP server, then switch the AX95's DHCP server off. Then connect the Ethernet cable coming from your main router's LAN port to one of the AX95's LAN (!) ports.
Client devices that are connected to the AX95 should now be able to access the Internet and the pairing of OneMesh range extenders should also be possible, since the OneMesh menu is now available.

An unpleasant side effect of this setup is that the AX95 itself will probably indicate that it is not connected to the Internet, which means that, for example, its status LED will illuminate in red color (merely a cosmetic issue) and firmware "Auto Upgrade" / "Online Upgrade" doesn't work. (would need to use "Local Upgrade")

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 1

Related Articles