Failed TFTP method to recover Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-27 15:56:48
Tags: #Firmware Update #restore
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I had a bricked router which I had flashed OpenWRT. But due to a configuration error, the router became unaccessible now. I tried the recovery method of loading TP link firmware using the TFTP method using the TFTPD software, but the file transfer alwas halts and closes at around 74% and the transfer window just closes and the power led of the router just stays on. I believe either I am doing something wrong here or the router is rejecting the bin file. I had properly renamed it and tried atleat a 30 times but never succeeded. Has anybody able to restore Archer A7 V5 router using the TFTP method? Please help.

The TFTPD versions i used are TFTPD32 4.52 and TFTPD64 4.62.

Solarwinds did not work for me...No idea why.

Any help please.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Failed TFTP method to recover Archer A7
2023-05-08 08:27:31

@user28 Have you tried to strip the original TP-Link firmware bin file? You can use free terminal software Mobaxterm to strip it. How to do it is explained in this video: https://youtu.be/dETqKX_A4nw. 

All TP-Link stock firmware files start with a 512-byte TP-Link proprietary header that must be removed to successfully flash it as an OpenWrt sysupgrade. Sometimes this also applies for tftp recovery mode.  Some TP-Link firmware also has a 128 kbyte bootloader image that also must be removed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles