Wifi network disappeared from Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-30 05:40:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I already have one Deco network at our home (3 x Deco M5) and everything is working perfectly fine.

We recently got another place in another city and we bought one Dceo M5 for use here. I created a new network and everything is working fine here as well, however the speed in the bedroom was not good, so we bought another Dceo M5 to add to the network.

Here is where the problem starts: the second network that I created is gone from the Deco app! I tried the steps to set up a new network, but since the first Deco is working perfectly fine, it goes into green light and the app tells me that everything is fine. Still of course, there is no network showing in the app.

How can I connect the second Deco M5 to the network then?

Thank you very much in advance, I really need to get that network going in order to work properly.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi network disappeared from Deco app
2023-03-30 07:08:38

Ok I finally found a solution, thought of sharing in case anyone is facing the same issue!

I read suggestions to uninstall the deco app, but that would have meant that I would lose the setup of my three Deco home network.

I did the following:

- disconnected the existing Deco

- connected the new Deco

- setup the network in the app with the new Deco

- reseted the old Deco and added it as slave

Hope the network won't disappear again from my app.

If anyone knows how to add an existing network to the app (when the network disappeared from the app), please enlighten me, in case this happens again.

Thank you!

Options
2023-03-30 07:37:10

@Tiggrtier 

Hi,

"Delete/reinstall Deco APP" will not reset the current Deco network. The network itself is bound to the TP-Link email ID.

Basically once Deco is set up, you could see and control this network on different smartphones as long as they are signed in with the owner's TP-Link ID.

So I tend to think maybe your two networks are used to set up under different email accounts.

If yes, you could refer to this link to switch the owner accounts into one:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2957/

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-03-30 07:54:34

@David-TP thanks for your reply!

Actually they are both registered with the same e-mail-address, that's what makes it so weird. The new network just disappeared from the app.

At the moment both my networks are showing in my app and everything works fine. Hope it will stay that way :-)

Options