Separate SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-19 07:09:29
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230302 Rel. 60992

Hi all,

I just purchased my first Deco XE75 Pro only to discover that I can't set separate SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands which has forced me to disable the 5ghz band and only leave the 2.4ghz band active as my legacy devices can't deal with automatically selecting the 2.4ghz band and thus are not able to connect to my WiFi when both bands are active.

Are there ANY Deco models that do support the ability to configure separate SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands or is this functionality planned for a future firmware update?

Charles

Options
2 Reply
Re:Separate SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands
2023-04-20 02:58:36

@CharlesRM 

Hi, welcome to the community.

So far, Deco does not support setting up separate SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands.

For more details and a workaround, please refer to this link:

Does Deco support separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs?

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
Re:Separate SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands
2023-05-02 14:01:55

@David-TP Hi David, I just had a thought; since it's not possible to have separate SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands, would it be possible to have a Deco node in Access Point mode and only enable the 2.4ghz band with a different SSID while leaving the other Deco nodes operating in a mesh and only on the 5ghz band with its own SSID?

Regards,

Charles

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2400

Replies: 2

Related Articles