My router connection is unstable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 14:31:06
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220216 Rel. 59311(4A50)

The WiFi connection is possible, and the speed test scores are not low, but the initial connection behavior is unstable when launching mobile apps.

For instance, when I receive a push notification for a new message on the LINE app and open it, it takes more than 10 seconds for the message to appear.

This problem is not limited to the LINE app, other apps have similar initial behavior issues.
And I have not encountered this problem with the previous router I used or when using a mobile network.

Therefore, I believe that there is an issue with this router.

I have already tried the following:

- Changing DNS to Google Public DNS (both IPv4 and IPv6)
- Adjusting the DHCP release frequency

If you have any suggestions for possible causes, I would be grateful to hear them. Please let me know if there is any additional information you need.

Thank you in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:My router connection is unstable.
2023-04-28 10:14:49

Hello @taktem 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can I know who is your internet provider? How about the internet connection, is it pretty stable?

When the push notification messages are delayed, how about other network traffic or activities, are they all working as expected?

Is the old router still available? If yes, try to clone its MAC address to the AX23 as follows:

How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router? (Situation 2)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-04-29 15:15:40

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply.

>Can I know who is your internet provider?
I use BIGLOBE.
The contract is for an optical fiber connection with a maximum of 1G.
IPv6 is also supported.

> How about the internet connection, is it pretty stable?
>When the push notification messages are delayed, how about other network traffic or activities, are they all working as expected?

As for applications for which a connection has already been established, loading will not be slowed down.
For example, Safari page loads do not slow down when there is a message delay.

It just seems to happen more frequently when the application starts up or comes back from the background.

>Is the old router still available?
Sorry, I already threwed away my old router.

If there is any other research needed, please provide specific examples and I will check.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-04 02:35:42

@taktem 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 3

Related Articles