Deco X20 Internet Drops Out Frequently (2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-01 10:19:06
Tags: #Deco Lab #X20
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20221115 Real. 78784

I have 3 of the X20 decos, one hardwired to my modem via a LAN Ethernet cable. The deco's are showing as green all the time, but the internet frequently drops out, is slow, and when on video calls in MS Teams, the voice drops out completely every 10 to 15 minutes while on a call. I've tried:

• Factory Reset of my router and had the connection checked with the ISP - no issues
  • Operation mode of Wi-Fi Router
  • Every combination of Fast Roaming and Beamforming on / off
  • Network optimisation, reboot decos
  • Disable 2.4 GhZ
  • Factory resets, forget network on devices, reconnect devices

I've seen from previous threads that disabling 2.4 GhZ, fast roaming and beamforming are recommendations. This seems like a poor solution, given the X20s are supposed to provide these features. 

Does anyone have ideas or guidance on how to troubleshoot further from here?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Internet Drops Out Frequently (2023)
2023-05-03 20:37:48

By turning off the Network Security options I've been able to access some things faster. Pretty frustrating to have to turn off features aimed to help so that I can just get the most basic element of connecting to the internet working. 

Options
2023-05-06 08:39:54

@LukeAS 

Hi, 

"By turning off Network security options", do you mean if the main network has no wireless password, the web page is loading faster? How about the network stability? Will it get more stable?

Can I have the model numbers that dropped out the internet connection a lot?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-13 06:42:52

@David-TP I meant I turned off the Malicious Content Filter, Intrusion Protection System and Infected Devices Quarantine. 

I've managed to resolve the issue, it appears to be with my ISP. 

Options