Disable firewall on Deco x50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-09 06:48:23

Hi!

I need to, temprarily, disble the firewall om my new x50 system in order to connect my lawnmower robot. But I dont't know how. Can anybody help me?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Disable firewall on Deco x50
2023-05-10 03:36:20

@MrChance 

Hi, may I know the model number of the lawnmower robot?

Have you subscribed HomeShield Pro?

I don't think the firewall on Deco X50 will block the connection of the lawnmower robot and would there be any error message when the robot failed to connect to Deco?

Wait for your reply.

thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-10 04:40:21

@David-TP 

I have Worx m700. I read the troubleshooting on their website, the advice was to disble the firewall.

Thanks!

Best regards

Options
2023-05-10 14:20:29

@MrChance 

I think I also saw this recommendation for Roomba vacuum, and I wonder why manufacturers put it in their documentation. It is only relevant for networking guru that deploys commercial grade firewall at their home. 

For the regular home user with standard household WiFi router that recommendation does not make sense.

This part of "How to connect Landroid to Wi-Fi" is what you should follow:

"Both Landroid and your smartphone need to be connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Most modern routers use both the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz frequencies, but you can temporarily disable the 5GHz network on your router during the pairing process and enable it again afterwards."

If that alone does not work, turn off all Satellite Deco, bring lawnmower robot to where it can get WiFi signal from Main Deco and try again.

Options
2023-05-10 15:25:30

@Alexandre. 
Thanks! Will try this.

Best regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1418

Replies: 4

Related Articles