Deco M5 network - devices often loose connection on main network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 11:03:37 - last edited 2023-05-25 11:05:31
Tags: #Troubleshooting
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.5

Hi I am using deco m5 for few years, have 3 deco pieces, all connected through cable, still, they have perfect signal over wifi, too. Till few weeks ago, everything worked fine, but then, the main network started doing problems (I did not do any modifications, maybe did deco update).

Basically, the devices on the main network are loosing connection while I did not experience this on guest network which works completely fine. In practise, if I connect with phone or ipad, opens browser or ie youtube, it looks like device is not connecting to internet, although wifi connection on device is full In the deco app, devices are online in the list, but with no issue, expect that I just see device is not sending/receiving anything from internet. 

Do you have any suggestion? I removed devices and added them again, I forgot wifi on the devices, I setup the network from scratch, nothing helped. I have around 20-25 devices connected to main network, 2-5 to guest network.

Mode: Wifi router

Wifi settings: WPA2, band 2.4 and 5 ghz

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 network - devices often loose connection on main network
2023-05-26 03:42:27

@prubnito 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of the wireless clients that dropped out of the main network a lot?

Would the same devices work well on the guest network?

I saw you mentioned earlier that all Decos are connected through cables. Would there be any switch, like"

ISP modem---main M5--switch--satellite M5#1

\------satellite M5#2

Have you tried the suggestions here:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network (case3)

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 network - devices often loose connection on main network
2023-05-26 17:26:56

@David-TP Hi David, all are apple devices, iphone 13 pro 2021, iphone 11, ipad pro 2021, ipad air 2020, macbook air 2021 and macbook pro 2018. All updated to latest os. mesh and beam - I tried to switch them off, no change. And all are working perfectly fine on guest network, even with mesh and beam enabled.

My setup is following

ISP modem---main M5--switch--satellite M5#1

\------satellite M5#2

As said, all was working perfectly for last 3-4 years.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 411

Replies: 2

Tags

Troubleshooting
Related Articles