DECO x20 New IoT Feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO x20 New IoT Feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO x20 New IoT Feature
DECO x20 New IoT Feature
2023-07-11 19:57:03
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20230612 Rel. 57820

I have two DECO X20 both ethernet backhaul connected. 

My DECO's have recently updated to the latest firmware 1.2.0 Build 20230612 Rel. 57820 with the IoT feature.

Previously, my Smart devices have worked ok on the mixed 2.4 & 5Ghz band.

As a test I have connected some of my Smart devices to the new IoT network using 2.4GHz.

Initially 6 device showed in the IoT Client list but gradually 5 have dissapeared. I now have only 1 device in the IoT client list.

I know the devices are connected and working, but they don't appear in the Main client list in the app or when accessing the Main client list on the device itself.

I've tried rebooting everything, logging out of the app but nothing seems to make any difference.

I'd like to know if anyone has tried the IoT feature and their devices remain in the IoT client list after say 24hours.

Thanks...

Options
3 Reply
Re:DECO x20 New IoT Feature
2023-07-12 06:44:12

@Martyns20 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I saw a similar issue a few days ago and could you please refer to the following link to see whether it is quite like your current issue? Would your IOT clients show up under the main network list as well?

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/613890

Could you please help me submit the Deco APP log as well:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-12 07:39:07 - last edited 2023-07-12 09:04:24

@David-TP 

I can confirm that the clients on the IoT network DO NOT appear in the Main client list, but they are all working.

Also, the clients in the IoT client list reappear sometimes I have 2 out of 6 or 3 out of 6 showing.

I do not have the "Submit DECO App Log" option in my App version 3.4.25.

Please tell me how I can submit the logs.

Thanks.

Update.

I disconected 4 of my Smart devices from the IoT network.

I readded them, they appeared in the IoT client list momentarily or for about 5 mins, then they disappeared.

I checked the IoT offline clients list and my Smart devices are there showing as offline.

I think I may have found the issue.

The devices that "disappear" are temperature sensors, I believe that they disconnect themselves from the IoT network hence they appear in the offline client list.

They awake and reconnect on an hourly basis,then sleep for an hour in a disconnected state. I am guessing this is probably a battery power saving feature.

So, probably not an issue with the IoT network.

I'll add some different Smart device types and check the behaviour.

Thanks @David-TP 

Options
2023-07-17 11:49:08

@Martyns20 

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I will wait for your further update after testing different smart devices.laugh

As for the APP log, have you seen the guide here: How to submit Deco APP log

If you follow the guide, are you able to "add system logs'' when submitting APP feedback?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1273

Replies: 3

Related Articles