Since last firmware update…

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 07:48:22

Hello. Since the last firmware update - a couple of days ago (today is 16 aug. 2023) - the 2 slave devices keep failing to connect with the master device. Every now and then they drop out, showing a blinking red light instead of green. When I disconnect the power cable and let the devices restart, it is temporarily cured. Never had any trouble with this system before. Was always reliable. I have a Deco M5.

Thanks already for your advice.

Stefaan

Options
4 Reply
Re:Since last firmware update…
2023-08-16 08:14:57

@Stefaan_Dec 

Hi, I am glad I caught this issue in the first place.

How about the dropping frequency on the satellite units? Is it easily re-produced in a short time?

And how are the satellite M5 units connected to the main M5, via Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi?

If possible, would it get more stable via an Ethernet cable connection?

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-08-16 08:45:59

@David-TP ,

Thanks for your reply! It's easily reset after un- and replugging the power cable. But it's not pleasant. They are connectect via wifi. Impossible to connect them with utp cables because of the distance. Would't be much of a nice sight in the house. 😉 Never had any problems with this what so ever in the past. Had this Deco for 3 years now. Seems linked to the latest firmware update to me. I have optimated the network environment today via Deco, because there seemed to be a lot of wifi interference going on. Hope that settles the problem.

Stefaan

Options
2023-08-17 07:41:20

@Stefaan_Dec 

Thank you very much for the update.

Was the same issue repeated again after running network optimization?

So far based on most of the feedback, the 1.7.1 of Deco M5 is still a nice update for most of the users. I also sent a beta/debug firmware in the private message yesterday and if possible, you could also install the beta firmware and save the system logs from web UI when satellite Deco M5 units started dropping out again.

(Additional: I have seen some cases where the disconnection has stopped after a complete factory reset. So if the reset would not mess up your current network configuration, it is also worth a try.)

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-17 10:03:44

@David-TP ,

Thanks for the reply. I cant't find that private message you're referring to though. 
Everything seems to be working okay again now. Thinking about it now, things started twice after connecting digital television to the upper slave device with utp-cable. Tv always works for a while then, but starts jamming after a while. But never before with the result that happened last few days.

Could it be that the devices never realy worked as they should have, considering we can't connect tv to them?

greats,

Stefaan

Options