Starlink and TP-Link Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-19 15:40:48
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Version 1.2.1 Build 20220714 rel.75573

I bought a TP-Link Archer A7 in 2019 and a pair of configured Ubiquiti Nanostations. At that time I had a satellite Internet Provider. Their router supplied wired and wi-fi to house and the Pair of Nanos transmitted wifi from the POE wired Nano1 (transmitter) to a cabin about 100 yards away which had the second Nano (Nano2). Nano 2 was POE wired into cabin and TP-Link Archer A7. It worked perfectly.

This year I upgraded to Starlink. I purchased the Starlink ethernet adapter and have not been able to create that same previously working network.

I have reset the Archer A7 and the two Nano antennas but that has not helped. Ubiquiti has not been helpful.

++From Ubiquiti Support: Based on the description, it appears that Nanostations are not getting IP addresses from the DHCP server on the Starlink router. Both the Nanostations and Starlink are on different subnets that could be causing the issue. The TP-Link router may not be configured to bridge the two subnets, which means that the Nanostations cannot communicate with each other. To fix this, you will need to configure the TP-Link router to bridge the two subnets.

if still having the problem, you can try resetting the Nanostations and let them set to DHCP mode and check if NanoStation is getting IP from Starlink.

Another possible reason might be, The TP-Link router may not be compatible with the Starlink network. If this is the case, you may need to use a different router. ++

I definitely need some help getting my cabin link back up and running.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Starlink and TP-Link Archer A7
2023-08-22 02:44:54

@K-mapper 

Hi, do you mean your network topology is like this: Starlink router---Nano 1)))(((Nano 2---Archer A7?

If so, please disconnect the Archer A7 from the network, connect a computer to the Nano 2 via Ethernet cable to see if internet works fine. If not, it would be stll the Nanos issue or Startlink network issue.

Or if possible, you could also bring the Archer A7 next to the starlink router and check if they could work together, please refer to this thread to check if the physical connection and configurations are correct: 

How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 1

Related Articles