Wifi 6e not available. Also wifi 6ghz not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-27 08:20:26
Model: Deco X95   Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I recently added 3 XE75's. To my existing deco network. It now consists of a X95 (router) 3 XE75, and 2 P7's (not in the main building). Everything is connected via ethernet.

The X95 had problems with the new firmware, so its running on that beta firmware (1.2.3 Build 20230726 Rel. 68745).

the XE75's are on: 1.1.1 Build 20230327 Rel. 54700. I'm reluctant to upgrade this because if they run in to the same problem there would be no fix, as the beta firmware is only for V1 and not V2 (which these are).

The P7's are on: 1.4.9 Build 20200918 Rel. 74680.

First problem: I cant see a wifi6e option anywhere. How does this work? Wifi setting only shows 2.4 & 5 ghz together. And 6 ghz separate. But not wifi6e.

This also brings me to the next problem. The 6ghz is slated as separate for backhaul only. As I have everything connected via cable I dont need this right? So I tried changing it to wifi network and backhaul. But it doesnt work, when I save the changes it reverts back to backhaul only. 

And of this would have worked, would this create a new separate wofi network, of is it possible to make the existing network 2.4 & 5 & 6 GHZ so everything is connected and working together on the same wifi network?

I would appreciate your help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi 6e not available. Also wifi 6ghz not working.
2023-08-28 09:25:37

@Bleek Hi, welcome to the community.

WiFi 6E works on the 6 GHz wireless band. For more details, please refer to:What is WiFi 6E?

6 Ghz could work as the wireless backhaul between Deco units, or a separate wireless network for mobile clients. Ethernet Backhaul takes effect prior to Wireless Backhaul so when Deco XE75s are wired together, they would use Ethernet Backhaul rather than Wi-Fi Backhaul.

The current firmware does not allow using the same SSID on both 2.4/5/6 GHz which would be optimized later via firmware upgrade.

So the only problem here might be why you can not even enable 6 GHz for WiFi and Backhaul.

Could you please record a video clip on the Deco APP when enabling 6 GHz?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-08-28 09:35:53

@David-TP 

Thank you for your reply. I will read up on wifi6e.

Here is a link to the video: https://youtube.com/shorts/mlI-egPc9go?si=IE6VI05iNv4p0txR

You dont see me setting a password, but i did set it. I guess thats filtered out when screen recording.

could you also confirm its safe to upgrade the firmware of the XE75's? Or do they suffer from the same bugs as the X95 firmware?

Options
2023-08-30 10:34:38

@David-TP 

any update on this? Especially the firmware upgrade question?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1220

Replies: 3

Related Articles