Unable to disable AP isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 18:23:40
Tags: #AP isolation
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20230526 rel.53018(4341)

Two devices cannot ping each other through WiFi. I have tried to enable/disable the AP isolation option in Advanced -> Wireless -> Additional Seatings and it makes no difference. The operation mode is set to Wireless Router Mode.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to disable AP isolation
2023-08-30 19:15:01

@HYANG 

Hi,

What type of devices are they?

In some cases client devices may have such strong firewall rules that they don't even allow ping from another device in the same LAN.

Options
2023-08-30 19:32:20

@woozle I have tested several different combinations. Mac mini to iPhone. PC (Win10) to iPhone. Mac mini to PC (Win10) and Mac mini to TP-Link HS200 smart swith. All have the same problem. No problem was found with the other WiFi router provided by my internet provider.  

Options
2023-08-30 21:26:26

@HYANG 

Oh, I understand. You have many different wireless devices and none of them can ping any other device.

If the router's AP isolation has somehow become permanentely active despite being disabled in the menu, then you may have to consider performing a Factory Restore on the router.

Alternatively wait another day or two and see if someone else here comes up with a simpler fix.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1168

Replies: 3

Tags

AP isolation
Related Articles