VPN Client: Operation failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-03 00:32:15
Tags: #VPN #Operation Failed
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230626 rel.36899(5347)

Hi! I'm using ExpressVPN for my router and it has been working for a while. Until I recenlty added a new server, the operation gets 100% completed. However when I toggle the enable the "Operation failed" pop out. 

Now, I can't enable any vpn server anymore. I need help, I already tried clearing my cache, tried incognito, resetting the router, latest firmware is installed.

Options
7 Reply
Re:VPN Client: Operation failed
2023-09-04 10:03:14

@ArvL 

May I know which web browser you were using? If possible, please try a different web browser to enable it again.

By the way, if you use OpenVPN Connect software on your client devices directly, will you be able to connect the same VPN Server by using the same ovpn config file?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-04 11:17:45

@Sunshine hi! I tried to enable it using Google Chrome and then Safari. Before it works perfectly via Google Chrome. 

Yes, when I turn on the vpn via my other devices like laptop or iphone it works fine with the same server. 

I just really cant enable or toggle the button to turn it on. Always says "Operation Failed" but it used to work before.

Options
2023-12-07 00:33:05

@ArvL 

Hi, did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem.

Options
2024-01-02 17:09:17

@ArvL Have same problem. Tried all browser nothing. Really disappointed TPlink

Options
2024-01-03 02:07:41

Hi Guys!

I was able to resolve the problem. You just have to delete the entire vpn servers and then just add it again. It did solve the problem.

I'm now able to use the vpn again with no issues.

Options
2024-01-03 04:42:32

@ArvL hmmm I didn't have at all any client added. I'm using CyberGhost but I think there is no differences in vpns. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Can you tell how you added vpn client from the bottom? Maybe first need to create VPN open server?

Options
2024-01-04 14:43:30 - last edited 2024-01-04 14:59:11

I have the same problem after installation of new Archer AX55_V1_1.2.6 Build 20231030 Beta version.  When I try to add I receive the same error "Operation failed". 

I try to create with a new name the old connection created with the previuos firmware version but I receive the same error.

The connection already create work correctly but is not possibile create a new one.

I try the same operation with differente browser but the problem persist. I thing that the problem is related to the new beta firmware.

Update:

I downgrade to the Archer AX55(EU)_V1_1.2.6 Build 20231130 official version and now I can add the VPN Client.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1073

Replies: 7

Tags

VPN
Operation Failed
Related Articles