HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

143 Reply
Re:HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working
2023-09-13 17:22:03

@Mikey_C 

So I'm not alone with QoS not working at all?

I have Deco M9 Plus and QoS is completely not working, I even tried to reset the whole network units but same problem.

Options
2023-09-13 21:09:51 - last edited 2023-09-13 21:14:07

Good night @Sunshine, how are things going?

Any update/progress on the identification of the source of the issue, and or prediction?

Seen after posting my reply that the original post as the following edit:

"Updated on Sep. 13th 2023

Glad to inform you that we have located the HomeCare issue and are working to release new official firmware to solve the problem, please pay close attention to any new firmware release through your router Web GUI or TP-Link official website, we will also inform you here once the new firmware is available on the official website."

Best regards, looking forward to hearing from you,

João

Suddenly...

Options
2023-09-14 01:24:46

Mikey_C wrote

For me personally, QOS is more important than parental controls.  When data is allowed to flow freely with no QOS, our internet stutters badly for all users whenever someone starts downloading or uploading a large file.  And we have 940 Mbps down/35 Mbps up.  Both download and upload are easily saturated by a single user when dealing with large files.  When QOS actually works, the problem is completely fixed.  Unfortunately QOS does nothing in 1.3.1 and our internet is basically unusable whenever someone downloads or uploads a large file.  Using v1 hardware here.

Mike

@Mikey_C 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback, the parental control and QoS problem are actually caused by the same reason, so they will be solved at the same time through new firmware release. Please pay attention to the router web GUI for new firmware update.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-14 01:29:49

@xQuantum 

Hi, Homecare QoS issue is not working now due to the same issue, we are working on the solution and releasing new firmware to solve it, please pay attention to any new firmware update on the Deco App.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-14 01:30:28

@Sapienz 

This is noted, C3150 V2 will be added, thanks for the feedback.

Options
2023-09-14 01:32:12

@joao_ 

Yes, we've updated the original post and the solution will be available soon, thanks a lot for the patience.

Options
2023-09-14 12:26:39

Just noticed that 1.3.2 was available for my AX6000 v1 so I installed it.  QOS is fixed!  Thanks for the fix.

Now if we can just get the traffic monitor back that was removed over a year ago, this will be a good router again.

Mike

Options
2023-09-14 17:50:40

@Sunshine I have an "ArcherC4000" v2.0 and have the same problem with Parental Controls. However I don't see an updated firmware for that model.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c4000/v2/#Firmware

Is there another location I need to look? Thank you!

Options
2023-09-15 01:12:50

@Mikey_C 

Mikey_C wrote

Just noticed that 1.3.2 was available for my AX6000 v1 so I installed it.  QOS is fixed!  Thanks for the fix.

Now if we can just get the traffic monitor back that was removed over a year ago, this will be a good router again.

Mike

Thank you very much for the feedback, glad to hear that the new firmware resolved the QoS issue.

For the traffic monitor function, as far as I know there is no plan to add it at this moment, I will record it and report to related department.

Hope you could enjoy the internet with our product.

Options
2023-09-15 01:20:56

archer-vista wrote

@Sunshine I have an "ArcherC4000" v2.0 and have the same problem with Parental Controls. However I don't see an updated firmware for that model.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c4000/v2/#Firmware

Is there another location I need to look? Thank you!

@archer-vista 

Hi, new firmware for Archer C4000 V2 is in releasing process now, it will be available soon, please pay attention to the router Web GUI and the official website.

Thanks a lot for the patience.

Options
Related Articles