Power failure issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Power failure issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Power failure issue
Power failure issue
2023-09-07 12:10:35
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.5.15

My main DECO is connected to my router and the mesh system works fine until a power cut.

The router will take about 5mins to fully reboot (its a Virginmedia system so has to boot internet, phone and TV)

It appears the DECO reboot after power loss is much quicker and therefore can't detect an internet connection and fails!

I was on holiday at the time and could only access my system remotely but the DECO would not / could not respond. Message was "couldn't find DECO"

This compromised my home security system (cameras etc) until I returned to reboot/reinstall the deco system.

Is there anyway the DECO firmware/sytem can have a reboot delay built in, so that after a power outage the DECO waits 10 mins before looking for the internet connection?

I didn't think of this issue when I bought it otherwise I might have gone with another solution.

Kind regards

Graffo

Options
4 Reply
Re:Power failure issue
2023-09-08 12:15:47

@Graffo 

Hi, Do you have any devices connected via an Ethernet cable to the main Deco M9 Plus?

As for the VirginMedia modem, can I have its model number? Is it a bridge modem or a modem router?

I have seen some routers stop assigning IP addresses when they detected another active DHCP server in the network.

If the VirginMedia modem is also a router, I think you could try to set up Deco M9 plus into Access Point mode to see whether it helped a little bit:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-09 18:31:09

@David-TP 

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My router is a Hub3.

I've now set my system up in AP mode.

Will the decos boot up after a power failure?

Cheers

Graffo

Options
2023-09-11 01:34:47

@Graffo 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

It should be like that but we will need to wait for the actual result after the next power failure.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-20 13:42:29 - last edited 2023-09-20 13:43:10

@David-TP 

Hi

Just had another power failure (due to bad weather) with the deco system set in AP mode it has now rebooted and working fine 

Thanks for the advice

Graffo

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 539

Replies: 4

Related Articles