A couple of config questions...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-25 23:40:18
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I am trying to setup my new TL-WR1043ND and I am stuck with a couple of the features.

Firstly... I have many devices on my network and I want most of them to have full unrestricted access. However, I also have 3 devices that my children use and I want to restrict access on those devices.
I have looked at the parental controls but it seems I can only have 1 parent PC, which is ridiculous. Is there any way to get this sorted?

Secondly, I need to open certain ports to more than one computer. When I try to add another rule using the same port number but to a different ip address it says I cant because the port is already being used in another rule...?? Is there a way round this?

thanks!

Nat.
Options
1 Reply
Re:A couple of config questions...
2017-04-24 11:48:31
1. you could only set one parent PC, but the router won't do any restrict or unrestrict to parent PC or non parent PC, it will only do restrict to "children" PC. "Parent PC" is designed more likely to be a "management PC", to prevent wrong operation of adding management PC to "children PC list".
2. we can't open one port to more than one computer, it is not restricted by the router. it is restricted by theory. Open port is a kind of setting, telling the router when it received the packets with particular port, to which computer should it forward, the router can't forward one packet to two different computers. just like you can't give one apple to two different people.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 1

Related Articles