Extending WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extending WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extending WiFi
Extending WiFi
2023-10-07 11:13:52 - last edited 2023-10-10 08:15:27
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a extender kit one of which is pluged into the router, I would like to extend further and was wondering if i was to get another kit would i be able to use both units as extenders or does one have to be wired to the router as per the original?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extending WiFi-Solution
2023-10-07 13:40:49 - last edited 2023-10-10 08:15:27

@VeryConfused 

Hi,

You can add more Powerline adapters fo your existing Powerline network. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1618/

Only one of all the Powerline adapters must be connected to the router via Ethernet cable.

Note that if you buy another kit like the TL-WPA8631P KIT, then only one of the two adapters in the kit supports Wi-Fi, the other adapter can only be used via Ethernet cable connection. In case you need two more Powerline adapters with Wi-Fi feature, then you should buy two single TL-WPA8631P units instead.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Extending WiFi-Solution
2023-10-07 13:40:49 - last edited 2023-10-10 08:15:27

@VeryConfused 

Hi,

You can add more Powerline adapters fo your existing Powerline network. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1618/

Only one of all the Powerline adapters must be connected to the router via Ethernet cable.

Note that if you buy another kit like the TL-WPA8631P KIT, then only one of the two adapters in the kit supports Wi-Fi, the other adapter can only be used via Ethernet cable connection. In case you need two more Powerline adapters with Wi-Fi feature, then you should buy two single TL-WPA8631P units instead.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 1

Related Articles