Deco X50-4G does reconnect after 4G outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-22 19:29:03
Model: Deco X50-4G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown

hello

my Deco X50-4G does not reconnect the 4G connection after outages. I am using the 4G+ router in my mountain cabin and is dependent on it to work to control temperature etc. The only way I know to solve the problem is to restart teh router but this verinconvenient since the cabin is 3hours drive away.... 

How to solve this issue?

Best regards

Ole

PS! I do not know what hardware or firmware versions I have - I do npt know how to find out either.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X50-4G does reconnect after 4G outage
2023-10-22 20:53:31

@Ole_C_L-1 

If all it takes is router restart, I can offer you a workaround until more permanent solution can be found.

Get TP-Link Kasa Smart Plug HS103, connect X50-4G through it to electric outlet and configure schedule on Smart Plug to power off and on, on a regular interval. For example, every 2 hours power off and after 2 minutes power on.

HS103 smart plug works with Deco mesh (I am using these for similar purposes) and you can get it from Amazon. 

Where to find Deco current firmware version: Open Deco app, under More/System/Update Deco it'll tell you what is the current firmware version of your Deco units and if new firmware version is available.

Options
Re:Deco X50-4G does reconnect after 4G outage
2024-01-25 14:35:33

@Ole_C_L-1 

I have the same problem in Sweden with my router. Have you heard anything about any solution?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 2

Related Articles