Archer MR200 reboots after updating and disconnects security cams

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 23:45:41 - last edited 2023-10-24 00:57:51
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My newly installed Archer MR200 with SIM card works fine with netatmo outdoor camera and Blink cameras

however after any update of firmware,  it disconnects and reboots and the security systems can't reconnect ( presumably due to 5G network coming into play)  .

Is there a way of switching off firmware updates or permanently disabling 5 G bandwidth ? 

Unfortunately I cannot log on remotely since not too tech savy plus when trying the 192.168.1.1  it directs me to Linksys which is a completely different company! 

HELP is appr

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 reboots after updating and disconnects security cams
2023-10-24 09:03:32

@Pattie-UK 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. MR200 doesn't support auto update, no matter online upgrade or local upgrade, it will only update the firmware when the manager click on Update. 

2. To disable 5G WiFi, you will need to login the router via web interface or via Tether App, then go to wireless settings part to disable 5GHz WiFi.

Here is the guide for you to login its web interface: How to log into the web-based management interface of TP-Link Wireless 4G LTE Router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-24 10:38:02

@Sunshine 

many thanks Sunshine ☀️ 

The router appeared to  reconnect to the security cams after a 2 hr lapse. 
I just need to try and connect remotely with it ( presume that isn't possible if it's offline ? ) 

Do you think I need to worry about static IPs etc ?

( when I set it up initially, it was a breeze and worked without any hitches for 3 weeks but then went offline on Monday night for 2 consecutive weeks ) ...or maybe my tp link extender is interfering with it perhaps? I will keep an eye on it . 

Options
2023-10-25 01:44:39

@Pattie-UK 

Hi, do you know the hardware and firmware version of your MR200 now? and if you have bound it to your TP-Link ID, you will be able to access it remotely via Tether App when it is online, but it is not possible when it turns offline.

Usually static IPs on the client device or range extender will not affect the LTE internet connectivity of MR200, we need to confirm if the issue is caused by LTE disconnection on MR200 or just client device disconnection with MR200.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-25 09:49:14

Hi @Sunshine 

yes I have bound the device on tether and access was limited since the wifi was off . 

It it because the address is not static ( since it is a mobile sim ) ?

Thanks

Options
Re:Archer MR200 keeps disconnecting security cams
2023-11-02 09:54:56

@Pattie-UK so initially after nearly a month of continuous uninterrupted connection, my newly set up MR 200 is disconnecting weekly and now daily  for 2-12 hours at a time which is useless for the purpose it was purchased for - security cam monitoring. 

When checking, the firmware update says up todate and signal strength 75%.

I looked at the logs - there were 60 pages all with the same date but downloading only showed the most recent page . 

I have set it to 4G only using band 1, 20, 40 but it disconnected shortly afterwards with a drop in signal strength,  so I set it at band 1 and 20 and it appeared to reconnect with a signal strength of 75%. 

I hoped this would solve my issue but it has gone offline again :( 

I attach the screen shots of the log history and the part when it went offline again but unfortunately missed the first minute however also attach a similar episode from earlier in the day . 

Options
2023-11-02 09:55:29
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 6

Related Articles