Main Router for wired network instead of deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-01 06:28:49

Hi 
I currently Have a deco X55 mesh system in place 
the cpu is taking a beating as I have my entire home network and cctv system running from it, I haven't seen the cpu on the main unit under 85% 
I was thinking if I added a bigger router modem in to handle the wired stuff and left the deco to just handle the wireless devices 
2 questions 
1.what router would you recommend ?  

2. would this router be able to be part of the mesh wifi or must it remain switched off 

my system is complicated 

Fibre in to main decox55 from there it goes to a 10 port switch from there it goes to 6 other switches running, cctv, tv's, audio systems, etc whole house is wired in cat 6 

I have a second X55 wired in, 3rd wireless also have 2x s7 decos wired to make 5 in total 

Was thinking a Bigger modem router would handle the wired stuff better than the deco 

Open to suggestions

Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Main Router for wired network instead of deco
2023-11-01 11:43:25

@StewartAylett 

Usually ISP provides modem/router to users and it is often free (comes included in Internet package price). Have you considered using ISP router? 

Answering your other question: does not matter which router you use, Deco mesh will not share its wifi network with it. You should turn off router wifi. 

Options