Main Deco S7 unit keeps rebooting every evening

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 22:45:55
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20230324 Real. 50892

I have 2 Deco S7 units in my house, they have been working without issue for a couple of months, the main unit is connected to Starlink but the Deco is the router for the house, over the last couple of nights, every evening around 9:30pm the main unit light flashes red, then yellow, then reboots then the light is white and I have a network and internet. The last couple of nights there has been a storm and I put it down to issues with Starlink, however that is not showing as having any drop outs.

Tonight the Deco has started rebooting again, it seems to stay online for 2-3 minutes before robooting.

All of the firmware is up to date according to the app and there has been no other changes to my network or systems.

Any ideas to stop this because it is very annoying to say the least!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Main Deco S7 unit keeps rebooting every evening
2023-11-03 08:34:32

@CharlesBeckford 

Hi, Did Deco S7 always restart at the same time?

Could you please refer to this link to set a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether it helped:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-11-03 14:07:24
Thanks, I have set a new Deco up as the main unit but in the same location. As for times, it always appears to happen in the late evening, the last 2 nights it has been around 9:30pm that I have noticed issues.
Options
2023-11-08 07:32:37

@CharlesBeckford 

Hi, Sorry for the delay. Did the same issue repeat again on the new main Deco?

I checked the records in the past 2 months and there hasn't been a similar and there hasn't been any firmware upgrade on Deco S7 recently

As far as I know, the current firmware of Deco S7 does not support reboot schedule either.

Have you performed a factory reset on the Deco S7 once before?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 487

Replies: 3

Related Articles