Deco P9 dropping pings and losing connection to gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-28 21:09:27
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.14 build 20231027

Hi,

Could really do with some help:

Setup:

I have 4 deco p9s over a 3 story house. They are connected in ap mode as the p9 doesn't support the fiber connection. I'm using a Vodafone router thg3000. Main deco unit is located next to the router.

Symptoms

Internet will drop out on all devices both wired and WiFi randomly and will sometimes reconnect or need a deco master/full network reboot to fix. The problem has only started in the past few weeks and looks to tie into the latest fw upgrade.

If I connect directly to the Vodafone router either through WiFi or wired the internet connection during an outage the internet is working.

Steps taken so far:

I added some monitoring today to see if I could trace the issue, I have home assistant setup and have setup ping monitoring to all the decos.

You can see from the screenshot nearly all the decos are dropping pings but the master is often going totally offline for a few minutes at a time. In some instances devices on the network show the gateway (Vodafone) router also isn't accessible. But a direct connection to the router works fine.

I have also had Vodafone upgrade my router to latest firmware to rule that out being an issue, but as the internet works when bypassing the Deco's I don't think this is the issue.

I have also swapped out network cable between the main unit and the router. 

Would really appreciate any help possible.

image0.pngimage1.png

Thanks, Chris

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P9 dropping pings and losing connection to gateway
2023-11-29 07:16:55

@Chris_lew 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The attached pictures are broken. Would you mind uploading the pictures again?

Could you please also help me check the following details:

1. Have you seen any Deco turn red during the disconnection?

2. If you checked on the Deco APP, can I have some pictures of the network map and signal source strength on the Deco P9, such as:

By the way, firmware 1.1.4 could be downgraded back to 1.1.3 directly via web UI.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-29 07:29:51 - last edited 2023-11-29 07:32:52

@David-TP sorry here are photos. When the master drops off all decos go to a solid red light to indicate no internet.

Options
2023-12-03 21:57:17

@David-TP any ideas?

Options
2023-12-04 21:45:56

Think I have found the issue. Looks like the main deco is having hardware problems. I have replaced the main deco for one of the spokes and network is much more stable. The previous main deco is still dropping pings but not impacting the rest of the network.

Unfortunately it's just out of warranty in October so will try a full reset before buying a new unit.

Options