App updates make it unusable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-06 17:49:00
Tags: #Software
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, ever since the Deco app was replaced with this newer flashier version, it has been a constant source of problems for us. We're on the older M4 setup, and I can't monitor or modify the mesh network anymore because the new app is atrocious, it's littered with errors and bugs. We recently wanted to add another deco unit and all I get now is "Unable to add unit, please try again later." Whenever I press the + button and add new device, its like this pure beta software without fixes being implemented. The old software was much better and actually worked. I'm on the latest version for Android, it's been the same on 2 different phones, my older phone, being a Samsung S20 FE and my current phone, which is a Pixel 7 Pro. Is there anything I can do to fix the app? It's been uninstalled and reinstalled, and as I said it's been the same on 2 different phones running the latest version

Options
2 Reply
Re:App updates make it unusable
2023-12-07 06:04:52

@JPost1 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

You need to connect to the Deco Wi-Fi in order to add a new Deco.

Please refer to the following suggestions to see whether it helps:

1.Temporarily turn off the VPN and mobile data on the smartphone first, then disconnect/reconnect to Deco's WiFi.

2. Make sure the smartphone is on the "Online Client"list.

3. Then click "Add a Deco unit"

If the error repeats again, please refer to this link to submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Best regards.

Options
Re:App updates make it unusable
2023-12-07 11:55:02

If the problem persists, and you've exhausted these options, you might need to wait for a firmware or app update from TP-Link that addresses the reported bugs. Additionally, providing feedback to TP-Link about your issues could contribute to future improvements.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 332

Replies: 2

Tags

Software
Related Articles