Deco app not sending firmware updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-18 00:39:07 - last edited 2022-12-19 11:37:16
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 Rel.35920

Hi all,

I've recently had some issues with my satelite m4 unit disconnecting frequently. As a good tech support I've already tried rebooting etc etc. But using the app I cannot seem to get any firmware updates (even though m4r is already on firmware 1.5 as it looks like browsing through multiple pages of these forums). Whatever I tried it keeps saying that the firmware is up to date with this very outdated firmware. Another set of about 6x x60 units I don't seem to have any issues updating through the app. Is there any way to still update through the app without the hassle of getting the correct firmware etc.

Some extra information, I currently have 3 deco m4 v4 units which all are stuck on this old firmware. They were bought in a set and since I got the whole set installed never received any more updates. These are EU regions units, with me residing in the netherlands (if that matters??).

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco app not sending firmware updates-Solution
2022-10-18 07:23:36 - last edited 2022-12-19 11:37:16

@Makaj 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The firmware version 1.0.2 is already the latest version for Deco M4 v4.

I did see some users have the same inquiries and maybe the following information will help.

Versions 1.4.x->1.5.x->1.6.x could be considered as the first firmware rolling path. Usually, you can see it on Deco E4/M4/M5/M9 plus.

Versions 1.0.x->1.1.x->1.2.x would be the second firmware rolling path. You will see it on most of the latest released models, like Deco XE200 Or Deco X55/X50.

Deco M4 V4/Deco X20 V3/ Deco X60 V3 has some differences from the previous hardware versions and also uses the second firmware rolling path. Normally the 1.0.x also supports most of the new features that have been added to 1.5.x. So to a certain extent, 1.0.x shares the same software features with 1.5.x on different hardware.

And if you are interested, we have 1.1.0 for Deco M4 v4 for testing now and you are welcome to try and leave any feedback to us.

Deco M4(V4) 1.1.0

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco app not sending firmware updates-Solution
2022-10-18 07:23:36 - last edited 2022-12-19 11:37:16

@Makaj 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The firmware version 1.0.2 is already the latest version for Deco M4 v4.

I did see some users have the same inquiries and maybe the following information will help.

Versions 1.4.x->1.5.x->1.6.x could be considered as the first firmware rolling path. Usually, you can see it on Deco E4/M4/M5/M9 plus.

Versions 1.0.x->1.1.x->1.2.x would be the second firmware rolling path. You will see it on most of the latest released models, like Deco XE200 Or Deco X55/X50.

Deco M4 V4/Deco X20 V3/ Deco X60 V3 has some differences from the previous hardware versions and also uses the second firmware rolling path. Normally the 1.0.x also supports most of the new features that have been added to 1.5.x. So to a certain extent, 1.0.x shares the same software features with 1.5.x on different hardware.

And if you are interested, we have 1.1.0 for Deco M4 v4 for testing now and you are welcome to try and leave any feedback to us.

Deco M4(V4) 1.1.0

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco app not sending firmware updates
2022-10-18 08:03:12

@David-TP Hi there, thanks for the help. After browsing your forums for a wayyy longer time I realized that indeed your firmware was up to date (just shocked that it hasn't received an update in more than half a year, especially since major ISP's also hand out these units to customers over here). I was especially looking for connection preference since some stationary devices tend to hop back to the main deco even tho the satellite is faster/more stable. Will now update through the Web UI and definitely test it out, thanks for the help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 853

Replies: 2

Related Articles