AC600 PCIe adapter install - PC won't boot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-13 02:04:14
Model: PCI-e Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to install an AC600 / Archer T2E PCIe adapter into a Windows 10 system. Asus H170 motherboard, 16GB memory.

I install the card into an available PCIe slot, turn on the computer, the system will not boot into Windows. It either freezes at the login screen with no mouse or keyboard input active, or stops before that point at a blank screen. I remove the card, PC boots into Windows fine. Install the card again, no boot, remove the card, systems starts up normally. I've done this about 20 times.

I've tried each of my 3 available PCIe slots. I've tried booting into safe mode. I've reset my BIOS settings to default. I've tried disabling all Windows services that run on startup. No success.

Any ideas? I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot this at this point.

Second question - would the USB version of the AC600 possibly work just fine despite the headaches the PCIe version is giving me?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC600 PCIe adapter install - PC won't boot
2023-12-14 10:09:38

@jtessier 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Are you able to test the adapter on another laptop?

I think the USB adapter would be better. If they are on the similar wireless specification, the wireless performance would be quite competitive.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 1

Related Articles