Archer TX20E Average download speed and high ping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-18 15:06:51
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Windows 10
Model: Archer TX20E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, Ive recently bought the Archer TX20E since I cant connect my pc trough an ethernet cable. Everything looked fine, the internet speed is kinda below what I expected, about 160-180 mb download, but the main problem is the ping. Im getting ping above 100 in discord, and some online games. Theres another computer in the house and the ping is fine. Also about the download speed, when doing the speed test in the exact same room as my computer, my phone is able to reach 250-300 mb download speed while the computer never even reaches 200. Ive checked the wifi properties and its connected to 5ghz, so I dont know whats causing the slow speed. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer TX20E Average download speed and high ping
2023-12-19 10:59:19

@Gilsa 

Hi, May I know the model number of your Home router?

Can you share some of the ping tests/screenshots for me?

Are you able to reproduce this issue in short time?

Could you please help refer to this link to help me check the system information and driver information here:

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Archer TX20E Average download speed and high ping
2023-12-19 14:19:54

@David-TP Hey, thanks for the reply. Heres the info you asked for:

Home Router Model Number: 5054494EA8F9D93F

Driver Version: 6001.15.124.06001.15.124.0

I attached screenshots for my system info as well as the ping in Discord and inside a game, and the speedtest of the internet.

File:
Screenshots.rarDownload
Options