Deco M5 Continually Dropping Connection After Factory Reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-30 15:00:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I noticed this morning that my internet connection was getting scrappy. All 3 of my Deco units across the house had a red light but the master unit seemed fine. The connection continually dropped though. So I unplugged the other 3 units and left only the master unit on. I did a factory reset via the button underneath for 10 seconds, and after the flashing blue light arrived, I went through the process on the app of setting up the device, with only that one plugged in. Everything looked good and the solid green light was on, but then after one speed test, the device drops connection and the yellow light stays on. It continually goes on, and off with the ethernet connection light on the modem showing and dropping. 

I tested this by connecting directly via an ethernet cable to the modem, and bypassing the Deco altogether, and everything works perfectly. So the problem is with the Deco device. I've also tried some of the other devices to see if it's a single device issue, but I'm getting exactly the same problem. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Continually Dropping Connection After Factory Reset
2024-01-02 09:09:00

@Punker33 

Hi, May I know how long you have had Deco M5?

Have you tried to set a different Deco as the main Deco?

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

By the way, Did Deco M5 work in Access Point mode or Wireless router mode?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1

Related Articles