Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

115 Reply
Re:Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550
2024-01-30 02:29:18

@GregSC 

Hi, did you install the beta firmware provided in this thread? If not, please have a try and monitor if the issue can be resolved.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-30 06:21:18

@Sunshine 

Unfortunately, I cannot install the beta software because my router is branded with the telecommunications operator's software. Please help.

Options
2024-02-02 00:51:00

I'm unable to install the beta software due to my router being equipped with the software from the telecommunications operator.

Options
2024-02-02 02:18:40

@GregSC @babadan3 

Unfortunately, the beta firmware will not work for ISP customized firmware, and it is recommended to report the issue to your ISP for help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-04 07:37:22

@Sunshine I had MR500 working for months without any problem and i was super happy with it. Since 2 weeks it began to disconnect randomly from internet every 3 days (as described from others). What i saw is that LTE channels switched from 1 + 3 (dual band) to 20 - but then didn't reconnect correctly / lose connection. This was with firmware 1.5 (and Sunrise as provider here in Switzerland). Login to web interface was still possible (but i did not download the logs).
I now installed the 1.7 beta and hope this fixes this issue. I will post update here how / if it works.
I also have a MR200 connected to same provider / antenna which did NOT disconnect (of course this one is "single" channel ony. Ev. it has to do with this 4G1 mechanims). 

Greetings 
Olivier

Options
2024-02-04 07:58:26

@Osmosphere 

Thank you very much for the feedback, and if the 4G band still changes, you could also try manually selecting the 4G band: 

How to select 4G band manually on the web interface of LTE Gateway Routers

Note: If the 4G signal with the manually selected band is not stable, it might fall back to 3G network when the signal is too weak, while if you are sure that band signal is strong and stable, you could change Network Mode to 4G only so that it won't fall back to 3G.

Options
2024-02-12 13:59:02

@Sunshine 

hi there, i wanted to share that i have 3 units of the MR500, and all 3 have the same disconnection problem. it happened when using the most updated stable firmware, as well as the beta firmware.

from observation, i've narrowed the disconnection to periods of heavy 4g network loads, for example video streaming or downloading over a consistent period of say an hour or so.

if the device is left turned on but with no activity, i have gone 5 days with no restart, and the device is still connected to the internet.

i have tried the various workarounds shared here -

- 4g only

- manual band selection

- daily reboots

but there is still a recurring theme of disconnections during streaming/downloading

Options
2024-02-12 14:25:35 - last edited 2024-02-12 14:26:41

@Sunshine 
Now running over a week with Beta 1.7.0 0.9.1 Firmware without a problem. Cross fingers ;-).
I did not change settings (automatic band selection, 4G preferred)

Greetings Olivier

Options
2024-02-12 14:42:54

Hi @Sunshine , we have received a new MR500 unit to replace the previous one (sent for RMA) on the 23rd January. From the 23rd of January to middle last week we used the old MR200 V2 unit without any issues. Two days after setting up the new MR500 we immediately had a disconnect problem just like the previous one. 

Reading other users posts regarding this matter we can see that is a flaw of the MR500 models. 

It's important to address this matter. Is it a problem with cache overflow or hardware related? Can a new stable firmware address the issue? 
On our end the ISP and the SIM card are working perfectly. 

BR

Options
2024-02-14 14:31:28

@Sunshine 

Thanks for this beta firmware. So far it has proved quite stable for me connected to Vodafone UK  4G+.

There is one issue with this firmware which is that it seems to be missing the link for Speed Test in the GUI. I can still initiate a test from the Tether app, but Is there a URL I can use to test the connection speed directly?

Thanks

Options
Related Articles