adding a powerline adapter to a mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-07 00:36:37
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I have FTTP high speed internet into Telstra Modem

Deco XE75 PRO main router feeding TPlink switch to two more Deco XE 75's via ethernet

I have set up a home office without ethernet and the Wifi signal struggles with multiple devices during periods of peak neighborhood use .

Can I add a DEco WPA 8631P (or other model) WiFi adapter with its wifi disabled and connect my Deco into it via ethernet ?

i am effectively using the adapter to replace an ethernet cable .

I have tried moving the deco on a long Cat 6 cable strung through the house and when its in the office everything flies 

does the adapter work? is there a better solution?

appreciate your help and HNY to all

Options
1 Reply
Re:adding a powerline adapter to a mesh network
2024-01-07 12:41:32

@Cavey57 

There are three common options to deliver wired link to remote distance:

1. Ethernet cable;

2. TV cable (coax);

3. Powerline adapters.

In the order from best to most problematic. If you have your house wired with TV cables with one of the outlets in the office, I can give you info on how to use them for Ethernet link.

If not, powerline adapters is the only option, but they'll work if electric outlets they are connected to are on same circuit breaker. If you need help with choosing powerline adapters, let me know if you plan to connect Deco unit to the powerline adapter you will be placing in the office.

Options