Samsung TV keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-08 16:14:02
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.8 Build 20230619 rel 48552

Samsung TV won't connect using Wifi password.  Will connect if I use WPS, but then disconnects after a few minutes.

I've run a Wifi analyser and notice that a "hidden network" associated with the DECO (Same MAC address) would appear and then disappear every few minutes... as though the TV has connected to this hidden network & then goes offline when the network disappears.  I've tried turning off Fast Roaming, and dropped to just the2.4GHz network but with no luck.

Am having similar problems with an Epson WiFi printer - it refuses to connect to the LAN.  Note that I have 28 other devices connected to my network with no problems.  Network consists of 3 DECO units.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Samsung TV keeps disconnecting
2024-01-09 07:26:49

@Davrobin 

Hi, have you tried to connect the Samsung TV to the Guest network(2.4GHz)?

As for the Epson wireless printer, would there be any error message? Have you set up any static IP address on the printer before?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Samsung TV keeps disconnecting
2024-01-09 23:34:23

@David-TP I've not tried the guest network as I'd like users on the main LAN to be able to cast YouTube to the TV, hence do not want to be on a separate network.  I have found a work-around by setting up an old Bekin (sorry!) wifi extender plug configred onto the DECO Wifi, configuring the Belkin's extension Wifi SSID with a diffrent network name to the DECO Mesh and then connecting the Samsung TV to it.  A clunky implementation but it works!

Regarding the printer - I believe it was set up previously with a fixed IP address, though I gave it a factory reset once I found it was not connecting to the new DECO mesh (When I installed the DECO mesh, i shut down my old WiFi network and configured the DECO with the same SSID and password as the old network - far simpler than having to go around 20 or 30 devices to reconfigure their WiFi!) 

The printer doesn't have a display or any form of error message.

The orignial Epson installation software allowed me to connect to the printer via USB and configure a WiFi connection, but that software is no longer operational under my current version of Windows, & the latest Epson config seems to rely on a WiFi connecction (or simply says "press the WPS button on your router and wait for the printer to connect")

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 2

Related Articles