Can Deco S4 and Powerline AV600 extenders work together

2024-04-15 22:32:42
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20231228 Rel. 59072

Hi, I have a Deco S4 wave system spreading my network around my home and network signals to exterior cctv cameras.  My outside cameras sometimes lose signal so I am hoping to use a TP-Link Powerline AV600 Wi-Fi Extender (that I used before putting up the external cctv cameras). Could anyone with knowledge let me know if adding the Powerline AV600 extender will:

A. Make little or no difference

B. Cause potential conflicts

C. Improve my network range to the external cctv cameras

I currently have a setup with 3 units. A 'main' unit, and two satellites, one at the bottom of my stairs (to my entrance door), and one in my kitchen by the window.

I Have ran an ethernet cable from the 'main' Deco unit to the downstairs Deco satellite which improved my video doorbell signal/operation (the 'main' unit has the ethernet cable connected to my Virgin router). I live in an upstairs flat with an entrance via internal stairway to my entrance door. This is just background information to my question above.

If using a Powerline AV600 extender will not cause any conflicts, I will place it in my kitchen so I can use it to boost the signal to my exterior cctv cameras - if I do this, will it replace or make redundant the Deco S4 satellite?

Or will it only be more helpful if the satellite in my kitchen remains and is boosted by an ethernet cable from the Powerline extender to the Deco satellite?

Any advice will be appreciated.

PS I am a pensioner and not used to writing to support boards, so please accept my apologies if my writing is too short...or too long.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can Deco S4 and Powerline AV600 extenders work together
2024-04-16 09:56:23

@AppleCrumble4Me 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the TP-Link Powerline AV600 Wi-Fi Extender, TL-WPA4220kit?

There is a way to establish Ethernet Backhaul via powerline adapters, for example:

You could try to turn off Wi-Fi on the TL-WPA4220 to make it as a wired powerline adapter to avoid the potential Wi-Fi interference.

Then the bandwidth of satellite S4(next to the kitchen windows) will depend on the powerline rate and Ethernet ports of 4220 Kit(2*10/100Mbps Ethernet Port).

Or the following topology also works:

TL-WPA4220 would provide a dedicated 2.4Ghz network for CCTV cameras only.

It will help improve the wireless signal/range for CCTV cameras and there would be Wi-Fi interference since they are both working on the 2.4GHz. But I think the interference is within an acceptable level.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 180

Replies: 1

Related Articles