Parental Control - issue with connection

2024-04-16 13:58:47
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

i am new and have been using Parental Control (homeshield subsription) for almost 2 months now mainly to set a schedule for specific time my kids can use the internet. I use the 'Offtine' setting. the internet will stop at the specific time, the problem is it will not reconnect to the network. Sometime it is connected, but without internet.

The only way it will work is by turning off all timer setting for the child and then I have to manually search for the internet on his tablet.

why is this happening and how can i make this Parental Control works?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental Control - issue with connection
2024-04-17 08:07:20

@Meelo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help confirm the following details:

"I use the 'Offtine' setting. the internet will stop at the specific time, the problem is it will not reconnect to the network. Sometime it is connected, but without internet."

- Do you mean, outside of the Offtime schedule , the control kids device will not reconnect to WiFi most of the time, sometimes it is connected but no internet, right

• Would there be any error message when you try to manually select the SSID under WLAN?

"The only way it will work is by turning off all timer setting for the child and then I have to manually search for the internet on his tablet."

-All timer settings, do you mean Bedtime/ Time Limits as well as Offtime?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue on different devices?

Wait for your reply and best regards. 

Options
Re:Parental Control - issue with connection
2024-04-17 14:30:32

@David-TP thank you for looking after my queries.

to answer you questions;

- yes, the internet will not reconnect outside of the Offtime Schedule. for example, i have schedule offtime from 10am-2pm, there will be no internet after 2pm until I manually reconnect.

- i would say 90% of the time this problem occurs and  i have to manually reconnect to wifi on his device and turn off the setting for his profile on Deco app.

- there's no error message when I reselect the network (auto re-connect is always on btw)

- all timer setting, yes I have to turn off bedtime, time limit and offtime. 

Options