Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Deco APP

Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Deco APP

17 Reply
Re:Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Deco APP
2024-05-29 05:33:27

@David-TP 

I have now uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. 2FA now appears. After closing the app and opening it again, nothing is displayed again and 2FA settings have disappeared. This is clearly a faulty app. 

It's slowly no longer funny with Tp Link. I can overlook a few things: for example, the Deco are far behind other manufacturers when it comes to functions that other routers have been able to do for years, but the Decos haven't. As far as standard network functions are concerned. But not when it comes to security. Does 2FA work or not? Am I now locked out of my own account if I change my smartphone? Or does 2FA not work anyway?

Options
2024-05-31 11:15:34 - last edited 2024-06-03 01:15:22

Hi,

The beta APP which has improved the 2FA disappearing issue on Android 3.7.54, is ready now.

If you happen to experience a similar issue and need a fix at once, please install the beta app-3.7.55 first- Deco APP_3.7.55 .

If the 2FA has been enabled before, you can still receive a verification code on 3.7.54, but you can no longer disable/enable the 2FA feature on the Deco APP.

The next official APP version has also improved this issue and is in the release process now. Users might be able to detect this version in the Google Play Store in the next few weeks.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-06-02 05:26:55

@David-TP Sent...nice to see a fix in progress

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-06-05 13:33:59

@David-TP Got the new update on monday, it's fixed now

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-06-05 21:47:47

@David-TP Thanks And When Received M4 V2 Stable Version And Deco X10 Why Did not have Eco Mode and OFDMA. 

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP I have lost access to my two-step verification device which was set up as my 2FA for push notifications to get into the Deco app.

I am unable to login at all due to this and there is no option to reset via email (only one device was set up as 2FA, not secondary for email). How can I remedy this?

Options
Wednesday

@oaty 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

I think you could try to select  “Didn’t receive a code?”, and then click on “Send Code” to receive the code via email. Then the verification code will be sent to your TP-Link email ID for the Deco system.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options