Using OneMesh or EasyMesh without TP-Link router

2024-05-08 15:09:52 - last edited 2024-05-10 08:38:35
Model: RE715X   TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm hoping someone could advise me on whether it is possible to setup OneMesh without a TP-Link router. My thinking was to turn off the router's own WiFi and plug in the RE715X in AP mode and then add other OneMesh compatible TP-Link devices to use OneMesh.

Would this work? 

The hardware I currently have is: RE715X and TL-WPA7617 KIT

My ISP is tricky with hardware that is not theirs hence why I am avoiding using a router not provided by them (they have me an ARRIS router).

thanks in advance for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using OneMesh or EasyMesh without TP-Link router-Solution
2024-05-08 21:03:29 - last edited 2024-05-10 08:38:35

@vespa 

Unfortunatelly Onemesh is a TP-Link proprietary technology and you''ll need a TP-Link Onemesh capable router with Wi-Fi on (Onemesh doesn't support ethernet backhaul).

Besides RE715X in AP mode won't join a Onemesh - check Onemesh FAQ.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Using OneMesh or EasyMesh without TP-Link router-Solution
2024-05-08 21:03:29 - last edited 2024-05-10 08:38:35

@vespa 

Unfortunatelly Onemesh is a TP-Link proprietary technology and you''ll need a TP-Link Onemesh capable router with Wi-Fi on (Onemesh doesn't support ethernet backhaul).

Besides RE715X in AP mode won't join a Onemesh - check Onemesh FAQ.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options