Issue with Internet Speed on iOS Device Despite Good Speed Test in deco app

2024-06-20 04:49:08
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

the Deco app consistently shows that my internet connection speed is good and functioning as expected as my plan, this performanceis not  on my wireless devices. When any of my devices connect to the Deco X20 network wirelessly, the internet speed drops noticeably, resulting in slow browsing, streaming, and downloading speeds. However, when I connect my computer to the Deco X20 via an Ethernet cable, the internet speed is excellent and performs as expected.  Typically, I am experiencing speeds of around 50 Mbps download and as upload is around 4mbps on my wireless devices, even though my internet plan provides speeds up to 350 Mbps Could anyone please provide further assistance or suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re: Issue with Internet Speed on iOS Device Despite Good Speed Test in deco app
2024-06-22 11:22:36

@aaaaaaa111 

Hi,

How much speed can you get when you connect via Ethernet cable from the main Deco?

Usually the wireless speed will be slower then the wired speed, as the wireless signal will be affected more by the environment.

Please change the WIFI to 5G only, connect to the main Deco and test again if the download would be faster.

And please also test the link speed between your device and the main Deco. How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options