Setting up a second hand Deco E4

2024-06-24 14:31:49
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello there,

no worries if not, but any help would be appreciated.

I have just been given a second hand pack of three Deco E4 modules. They came in a box with nothing else.

My computer shows me that they are on and have full wifi but I cannot connect to them.

It asks for my network security key and won't accept mine when I put it in.

Can anyone tell me if they need to be reconfigured with my actual network security key and if so how I might go about doing that.

I have no set up instructions and no app. I could probably download the app from somewhere but would I need need more info than I have to use it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you - Al.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up a second hand Deco E4
2024-06-24 15:43:39 - last edited 2024-06-24 15:46:26

@AlBampton_1994 

It appears they are still configured and someone else might have access to them through their Deco app. You would not want that.

Here is the process how to make them your own:

1. Reset each Deco unit by pushing Reset button (or pin hole). More about it here, use Method 2: How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?

2. Configure new Deco mesh, by following this document: Deco Setup Walkthrough(For Deco X20/X60/X90/P9/M4/S4/E4/W2400 etc)

Note that you can only configure and manage Deco mesh with Deco app on smartphone. You must have smartphone and install Deco app on it.

Options
2024-06-24 15:45:03

@AlBampton_1994 

One more thing: Deco E4 have 100Mbps Ethernet ports. If your Internet link is faster than 100Mbps, these are not a good choice for WiFi mesh. Your WiFi speeds will be limited by 100Mbps, which is speed of the wired link between Main Deco E4 and modem/router.

Options
2024-06-25 10:22:19

@Alexandre. Hi there. Cheers for that. Up and running. Have good days. See ya -- Al.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 3

Related Articles