X50 Mesh - Constant dropdown connection (Daily)

X50 Mesh - Constant dropdown connection (Daily)

14 Reply
Re:X50 Mesh - Constante dropdown connection (Daily)
2024-07-10 08:57:45 - last edited 2024-07-10 08:58:36

@Joseph-TP 

Nice. There seems to be quite a few upgrades; some maybe even related to the problem I have.

I updated the X50 pack. Will report back how well it goes...

I already shared such a screenshot: #5

Options
Re:X50 Mesh - Constant dropdown connection (Daily)
2024-07-22 07:21:54

Well..... here's the feedback.

After installing the last update for the X50 V1 mesh, I tried for, more or less, 4 days and boy.... was it bad.

If the connection would drop once or twice before; after the update it became quite a sporadic event. In the period of 4 days the connection dropped (not counting the "scheduled reboot", at 4am) a total of 6 times.

Here's a sample:

Note: The red rectangles represent the "Scheduled reboot".

Then you add the fact that it made me reconfigure all the cameras at least twice, and it even killed my zigbee network, that has been working for almost a decade - without any problems or flaws - even when, during that period of time, I never once tried to "Optimize the network". Trying to do that, afterwards, always resulted in "Excellent" without any change... "Smart AI", they say.

It's so bad you kinda have to respect it... kudos!

After day 4 I simply got tired of it all and disconnected the X50 satellite that was connecting to the Main Device via wireless.

Results:

Note: The only drops were the "Scheduled reboot" - as it should be.

When I get my patience back I will try to hard wire the satellite to the Main Device - even if that spoils the purpose of the mesh network.

If it works... ok, i guess. If not....well, I'm in need of some smd components for some projects. 

Options
2024-08-10 05:15:09 - last edited 2024-08-10 05:44:09

Hey, @Joseph-TP.

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

Edit: Now that I notice it, the upgrade wasn't on the X50-5G directly... it was on the X50 Mesh; but it seems to affect it (maybe there was an upgrade on the APP itself?) as it didn't have the bands and Cell lock, etc., options before.

Edit2: It seems the Cell lock and the other options are in fact related with the firmware: Deco X50-5G(EU)_V1_1.1.5 Build 20240419.

Since I upgrade the X50-5G I've had the same problem constantly.

The band, even if I select "5G Preferred", even if I lock the Cell, even if I Manually select the Bands; it constantly seems to drop the 5G/4G connection, going as far as selecting the band B8 (that I can't even find it in "Manual Search" of the Bands) and being identified as 3G.

Here's a device directly connected (Ethernet) to the modem/router & its history data of download speed:

Note: The red arrows represent when the band selection was ignored and B8 was automaticly selected.

Example of X50-5G choosing  "3G, band 8":

Note: Cell Lock was selected; Bands were manually selected to "B1 and NR28"; still those preferences were ignored.

This happens even when the other "preferred" bands are available:

I've tried with different SIM cards - same result.

I've checked with my ISP - no problems with the antenna.

I can't replicate this behavior on my phone, that uses the same Carrier's SIM card.

Here's proof of the last two facts:

The first test has using my phone (mobile data) - Same ISP/Carrier as the SIM card in X50-5G.

The second test was using my WiFi connection to X50-5G.

The third test was after various attempts to reset the band select; choosing Auto, then Manual selection, until the X50-5G finally connected to the Bands I had manually selected.

I've been using the X50-5G, since 20/04/2024, without a problem.

This only began since the upgrade of the firmware options to Lock the Cell or manually select the bands became available.

Options
2024-08-15 02:33:47

@Osz 

Hi

Do you mean that the problem occurred after upgrading the X50? Recently, the official website released a new firmware for X50: Deco X50(EU)_V1_1.5.5 Build 20240718. You could go to the official website to download the latest firmware to upgrade. If you still want to downgrade, you could go to the official website to download the firmware and upload it manually.
X50 official website
How to upgrade Deco(case 2)
Regarding the X50-5G, the latest firmware does add the Cell Lock feature. X50-5G official website

Options
Related Articles