XE75 & Virgin Media Hub 3 - Suddenly no internet

2024-07-11 15:12:38
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought the XE75 (2 units) a year ago almost to the day. They have worked absolutly briliantly until yesterday when my laptop took an age to connect, then later in the day nothing would connect.

XE75's had solid red lights

Hub 3 looked correct (Red light for modem mode)

Reset Hub 3 so it was a router again and worked fine, put back to modem mode but same issue. Virgin Media came out and replaced the Hub with a new one and adjusted some levels.

Currently, I can connect to the Hub 3 in modem mode via ethernet and have internet that way. The XE75's setup as normal but the light turns red the moment the main one (Only one powered on) try's to connect to the internet. Have reset it a few times and same happens each time.

I've confirmed the port from the Hub 3 connects to the internet by taking the ethernet cable and olugging into my laptop (Which is how I'm writing this). 

Dynamic IP selected and all the defaults (As before when first setting up last year)

Ethernet tried in port 1 & 2, it was in port 1 previously and there are no labels stating a specific one is 2.5ghz.

Any help appreciated. Not sure which version, purchased from Amazon store July 2023, and not sure how to find out the Firmware version

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:XE75 & Virgin Media Hub 3 - Suddenly no internet
2024-07-11 21:34:23 - last edited 2024-07-11 21:45:17

@Rustik_ 

Have you tried cloning the mac address of the Virgin Router? 

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2925/

Also see this trouble shooting guide.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/267192

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options