This Article Applies to:
All Deco models
Typical problem description:
1. Red solid light appeared during the last step after creating the Wi-Fi name and password;
2. The main Deco went solid red after working normally for a long time, rebooting could not get back to green/white.
Possible Reasons and Suggestions:
1. The selected internet connection type (Dynamic IP, PPPoE, or something else) is not right, or whether the internet VLAN ID is needed.
----Please confirm with the ISP first whether you have got the correct internet configuration details.
2. The ISP modem went down.
----Please connect a laptop via cable to the same port from the modem and check whether it could get internet.
3. There might be IP & MAC binding on the modem (very common in cable modem from Charter/ (Xfinity)Comcast/ Cox). For example, the computer and old router with the same configuration work fine with the modem, just not Deco (on the Deco, there is a large possibility that the IPV4 address is 0.0.0.0).
----Power off the modem for about 3-5 mins (or remove the coaxial cable from the modem).
----If still the same, please connect the Deco like ISP modem --- Deco ---<Ethernet cable> --- laptop, and refer to this link to do the mac clone: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2925/.
4. The current DNS server failed to detect the internet service; if it was the case, you would get a valid IPv4 address under Deco APP > More > Advanced > IPV4, but no internet.
----Please refer to this link to change the DNS server to be 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1855/.
If all the speculation failed, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject [Forum ID 267192] Main Deco went to solid red during setup) with the following information:
1. The model number and firmware vision of Deco;
2. The service provider and model number of ISP fiber/cable modem;
3. A picture of the IPv4 settings on the Deco APP;
4. A picture of the IP settings (IP and subnet, gateway/DNS server) on the PC when it is connected to the ISP modem: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/.