Internet speed (1gbps) is being limited to 10mbps on Archer AX53

2024-07-28 10:46:20
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hello, I have recently started having problems with my AX53 router and I really don't know what could be causing it. The way it's set up is that we have a router downstairs receiving the fiber, and we have a repeater upstairs which is connected to the AX53. When I connect to the repeater's wifi network (let's call it network 1), I have the expected speeds from using its wifi (around 500mbps), but when I connect to the AX53 (network 2), the speeds drop significantly to 10mbps (this happening over both wired and wireless connections). This was not a problem on network 2 in the past, as I would get around 1gbps using wired and around 500mbps using wireless connection. The only thing that changed since then is that the router downstairs got replaced by a better one, still, that shouldn't be a problem considering that if I were to use network 1 right now, there are no noticeable problems and I don't see how there could be a problem with the AX53. I have tried changing the port negotiation speed, but none of the ports are limited to 10mbps so I really don't know what could be the problem, especially because this wasn't a problem before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Options