Operation Failed message

Operation Failed message

Operation Failed message
Operation Failed message
2024-08-05 19:31:25
Tags: #Installation #failure message
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240607 rel.74966(4341)

Just got the AXE75 and during configuration I got a couple of "Operation Failed" messages displayed.  Thing was I wasn't doing anything at the time.

Looking at the syslog, I didn't see anything that was recorded as an error or failure.

What would cause these occasional displays?
Everything seems to be operating OK, so far.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Operation Failed message
2024-08-06 12:20:11

@hectop2024 

Hi,

If you are talking about the router's web management page, then in my experience the "Operation failed" message usually indicates that the router has already closed the login session due to reaching the timeout for the preset period of inactivity and you are now basically just working with the webpage that's still in the web browser's cache.

This can be quite annoying at times, especially if the "Operation failed" message comes up when the user intended to modify a setting on the router.

Randomly clicking through various menus a few times or clicking the browser's "Refresh" button should then bring up the router's login screen again.

Options
2024-08-06 13:39:14

@woozle 

I don't believe that's the situation.  I was actively on the page and it the message appeared several times.  I didn't have to log in again to move to a different page/function.

Options
2024-08-06 20:04:53

@hectop2024 

Then it might be caused by something else in your case. Although I don't know what it could be.

Still, I suggest the next time you see the "Operation Failed" message appear try to open a settings menu that you have never accessed before (perhaps something like "LED Control" or "Time Machine"). If that menu opens nicely, then that would confirm you are still logged on.

Options
2024-08-07 16:32:23

I'll update post when I experience it again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 4

Tags

Installation
failure message