Port fowarding not working for minecraft server, I've tried everything

2024-08-13 00:10:09 - last edited 2024-08-19 08:53:15
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Basically I am trying to open a port for Minecraft (25565), however it says that the port is closed. I tried everything I could think of. No I did not type it in wrong, I have tried other ports, I have tried other devices , checked to see if the port is being used for something else, but all don't work and say the port is closed (i have also tried different test sites).  Does anyone have any other suggestions or have had a similar issue that can shed some light on the situation? I cannot find anything and every website I go to asking about closed ports even after forwarding gives me the same answer.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port fowarding not working for minecraft server, I've tried everything-Solution
2024-08-13 12:29:22 - last edited 2024-08-19 08:53:15
We got it figured out. Not sure what the exact issue was, but my brother was able to fix it and now it works! Thanks for the info, David! I’ll keep it on hand if needed in the future!
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Port fowarding not working for minecraft server, I've tried everything
2024-08-13 08:27:37

@Connor2TEN 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you checked the IPV4 address on the Deco W2400? I think it is very likely that the current IPv4 address is a private address, instead of the public IP so you might have a "Double NAT":

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Port fowarding not working for minecraft server, I've tried everything-Solution
2024-08-13 12:29:22 - last edited 2024-08-19 08:53:15
We got it figured out. Not sure what the exact issue was, but my brother was able to fix it and now it works! Thanks for the info, David! I’ll keep it on hand if needed in the future!
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 2

Related Articles