Deco x50 has started to play up after firmware upgrade

2024-08-13 00:43:48 - last edited 2024-08-13 01:14:17
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20240718 Rel. 44414

My deco unit x50 undergone the automatic firmware update last night and it has started to act strange after the update. Some websites are not able to load for instance Gmail and Whtssapp. I am pretty sure the root cause is from the deco as my PC doesn't experience this issue as it's directly connected to the regular switch (my deco unit is connected to this switch too). Moreover, this only affected my wireless devices such as laptop and cellphone, so obviously it's something related to the firmware update during the midnight.

The current firmware after update : 1.5.5 Build 20240718 Rel. 44414

Managed to conduct a speedtest from cellphone and the result is 0.16Mbps.

The same speedtest done from PC is 92Mbps.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco x50 has started to play up after firmware upgrade
2024-08-13 02:54:49

@Kenny183 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Did your Deco X50 work in Access Point mode?

Would the issue "Some websites are not able to load for instance Gmail and Whtssapp" happen to all the mobile clients?

Does it matter if we temporarily disable the 2.4GHz band and leave 5Ghz Wi-Fi only?

By the way, are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco x50 has started to play up after firmware upgrade
2024-08-22 20:41:06

@Kenny183 

I have a mesh home network consisting of 4 Deco X55's which ! auto updated last night and I immediately had trouble with internet speeds. Tried rebooting them all through the app as well as hard reboots by disconnecting power to no avail. I have another backup router for another area of the house which was working fine,so I knew my ISP service was fine.

I Googled the issues and saw a number of people in same boat who did a factory reset of the all of their Deco satellites and said it fixed the problem. I didnt want to do that and saw one thing about making changes in the QoS settings and found that the "Total Bandwidth" was set to 0.1 mbps down and 0.1 mbps up, which is supposed to be total available bandwidth from your ISP. I simply changed both down and up to 1000 and it started working. 

Looks like the firmware update reset the QOS seetings to 0.1Mbps and changing this to 1000 fixed the issue for sure. 

r/TpLink - Firmware update 1.5.5 Update Issue Resolved

Options