Unable to Host Game Server with ipv4 - Router Consolidates All Devices into one Public IP Address

Unable to Host Game Server with ipv4 - Router Consolidates All Devices into one Public IP Address

2024-08-17 07:00:39
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20240517 Rel. 64015

I have done everything necessary to host a server like port-forwarding and firewalls, I am successful regarding ipv6-wise as my friends are able to connect and play on my minecraft server. However, I struck a problem when some of my mates do not have access to ipv6 as their ISP does not provide it. I tried to switch to ipv4 and bought a static ip from my ISP, however all of my devices on my network all share the same public ipv4 address. I was told by Aussiebroadband that they have done everything required of them and now is just the router that needs configuring. 

Also I am not sure how to locate the hardware version, apologies if it is incorrect.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to Host Game Server with ipv4 - Router Consolidates All Devices into one Public IP Address
2024-08-18 09:16:54

@R053 

Hi

If you want to use a new static IP instead of public IP, you could go to Deco App > more > internet > ipv4 to change connection type to be static ip and type in the statis ip provided by your internet service provider.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 63

Replies: 1

Related Articles